- Rules & Regulations
- Specific Policies
- Vendor Agenda
- Compressed Air
- Vendor Insurance
- Trailer Parking
- RV Parking
Rules and Regulations for the 2023 FEAR EXPO LIVE
1. The conditions set forth herein and conditions set forth in the Exhibitors Manual constitute the entire agreement between the parties and, except as contained herein, there are no representations or warranties, expressed or implied. Any changes in this agreement must be in writing and signed by both parties. Show Management reserves the right to render all interpretations and to establish further conditions as may be deemed necessary for the general success of the show. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Kentucky applicable to contracts made and to be performed in such state, without regard to conflicts of laws principles.
2. Only exhibitors and exhibits pertaining to haunt products/services will be allowed to rent space at this Show. Show Management reserves the right to decline, prohibit or expel any exhibit which in its judgment is out of keeping with the theme, character, and general well-being of the Show, this reservation being all inclusive as to person, companies, things, printed matter, product, conduct, etc.
3. Distribution of advertising material and exhibitor solicitation of any sort shall be restricted to the exhibitor’s booth. Exhibitor’s display or product may not extend beyond the limits of the exhibitor’s booth and no part of any exhibit or product may extend into any aisle unless authorized by the Show
Manager. No exhibitor shall so arrange his exhibit as to obscure or prejudice
adjacent exhibitors in the opinion of Show Management. Special exceptions
are given for displays that must conform to setups that require other than
traditional booth design. No exhibitor shall assign or sublet any part of his
4. The selling of chances during the Show by paying or nonpaying exhibitors is strictly forbidden. Exhibitors may offer a free door prize or prizes of their products or service to Show patrons wishing to register at the exhibitor’s booth.
5. Signs, literature, & sales must be restricted to the product(s), or service(s) being displayed at the Show. Any signs or literature other than those being displayed must be reviewed by Show Management and approval given before display at the Show. No selling and/or advertising of other vendor’s product/services, see Show Manager with any questions.
6. Exhibitors shall fully abide by, conform to and comply with, and shall cause every person under its direction or control who is connected with the performance of any aspect of this Agreement to fully abide by, conform to and comply with all applicable laws, rules, regulations and ordinances of the United States of America, the State of Kentucky, the City of Owensboro, the County of Daviess and their respective agencies, as well as all rules, regulations and policies of Licensor for the use, occupancy and operation of the Premises. Exhibitor agrees to pay promptly all taxes assessed on its activities at the Show hereunder, including any sales tax on the payment of fees hereunder (which shall be in addition to the amounts due hereunder).
7. Cancellation Fees: $200 Restocking Fee if canceled before January 1st 2023. $500 Restocking Fee if canceled after March 1st 2023.
8. A $75 charge will be assessed for all checks received with insufficient funds. Issuer must also pay any fees or finds associated with checks with insufficient funds.
9. Exhibitor hereby agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold Harmless FEAR EXPO, The Owensboro Convention Center, Global Spectrum LP and the City of Owensboro, and their respective officials, officers,
directors, agents, employees, successors and assigns from and against any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees) and liabilities (collectively, “Claims”) arising or alleged to arise from (i) any breach of this Agreement by Exhibitor, (ii) any alleged or actual violation or infringement by Exhibitor or its employees, agents or contractors of any copyright or other intellectual property right of a third party in connection with the Event or activities occurring at the Event, (iii) the use of occupancy of the Center by Exhibitor, its employees, agents, contractors, exhibitors, invitees, guests or patrons, and (iv) the acts or omissions, or violation of any applicable law, rule, regulation or order, of
or by Exhibitor or any of its employees, agents, contractors, exhibitors, invitees, guests or patrons. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the obligations of Exhibitor in this paragraph shall not apply to the extent the Claims or Costs arise out of the gross negligence or intentional misconduct of Show Management, Global Spectrum LP, City of Owensboro or its employees or agents.
10.Exhibitors may choose to carry their own insurance, and it is suggested, but no longer required by the promoter. The Show Management and the Facility are not responsible for the safety of properties of the exhibitor, its officers, agents, or employees from theft, damages by fire, accident or any other cause whatsoever. Attention is called to the necessity for insurance covering all risks (liability, fire, theft, damage, vehicle, etc.) on your exhibit from the place of shipment to the exhibition facility and return, including the period during which the materials remain in the exhibition.
11.It is agreed that if the exhibitor fails to comply in any respect with the terms of this agreement, the Show Management shall have the right without notice to the exhibitor, to sell or offer for sale the exhibit space covered by this agreement; said exhibitor to be liable for any deficiency, loss or damage suffered by the Show by reason of the premises stated, which loss or damage the exhibitor agrees to pay the Show upon demand, together with reasonable expenses and costs incurred by reason thereof. It is further agreed that actual occupation of the exhibit space by an exhibit is of the essence thereof and that should the Show be unable to effect the sale of the space as herein provided, the Show Management is then expressly authorized to occupy or cause said space to be occupied in such manner that it may deem to be in the best interest of the Show, without any rebate or allowance whatsoever to the original exhibitor.
12.Exhibitor agrees that whenever an attorney is retained by Show Management, to represent the interest of Show Management in any civil or criminal proceeding, arbitration or mediation hearing, arising out of the terms of this Agreement or any disputes Rules and Regulations for the 2021 FEAR EXPO LIVE regarding payment due, contract view differences, participation difficulties, or any other legal action, all attorney and court fees (both Show Managements and Exhibitor’s) shall be payable by the Exhibitor.
13.Sponsors or Show Management will not be liable for the fulfillment of this contract as to the delivery of exhibit space if a Force Majeure Event is declared. The term “Event of Force Majeure” shall mean any and all acts of God, strikes, lock-outs, other industrial disturbances, acts of the public enemy, laws, rules and regulations of governmental or quasi-governmental entities, wars or warlike action, arrest or other restraint of government (civil or military), blockades, insurrections, riots, vandalism, terrorism or terrorist threats, epidemics, lightning, earthquakes, hurricanes, storms, floods, washouts, fire or other casualty, civil disturbances, explosions, breakage or accidents to equipment or machinery, threats of bombs or similar
interruptions, confiscation or seizure by any government or public authority, nuclear reaction, radioactive contamination, accidents, COVID-19, or any other causes, whether of the kind herein enumerated or otherwise that are not reasonably within the control or caused by the party claiming the right to delay the performance on account of such occurrence; provided, however, in no circumstances shall the monetary inability of a party to perform any obligation contained in this Agreement be construed to be an Event of Force Majeure.
14.Show Management shall have the full power in the interpretation and enforcement of all rules and regulations contained herein and the power to make such amendments thereto, and such further rules and regulations as it shall consider necessary for the proper conduct and success of the Show.
15.No food sales or food demonstrations are allowed without the proper clearance and approval from The Owensboro Convention Center. Exhibitors must have permits required by state and local government agencies.
16.Vendors must participate in the entire duration of the show days and times.
Exhibitor Specific Policies:
- All exhibitors must adhere to all rules and regulations pertaining to displays and product as outlined in Fear Expo Booth Specifications
- Exhibit activity or soliciting by any non-exhibiting firm or person on the trade show floor and/or on any property under the supervision or under the contract of the Association during the trade show is strictly prohibited. Exhibitor agrees to keep exhibit properly staffed and intact during show hours.
- Early dismantle of booth space is strictly prohibited.
- No cash and carry sale of goods with removal is allowed until Sunday (last day of the event) as in a retail setting is permitted from an exhibit booth or in the Event Facility.
- Fear Expo reserves the right in its sole judgment to prohibit or close any display or activity because of noise, odors, or other disturbing features that may be offensive to other exhibitors or attendees. Furthermore, this discretionary right of Fear Expo applies to any demonstration or activity by any exhibitor that results in obstruction of booth line-of-sight and/or access to a nearby exhibitor’s booth by either attendee/buyers or exhibitors.
- All personnel working in an exhibit booth must be employees of the
- Each exhibiting company receives five (4) exhibitor staff badges for the first booth of 100 net square feet and two additional badges for each increment of 100 net square feet up to a maximum of 12 badges per booth.
- Additional badges are at the prevailing member/ non-member rate. Booth personnel must show company business card for admission.
- Lost badges and tickets must be repurchased at the full value.
- Fear Expo will charge the exhibitor a US $150 penalty per exhibitor staff badge used by a non-exhibiting attendee.
- Booth personnel must display their badges at all times.
- No exhibitor is allowed to assign, sublet, or apportion the whole or any part of the space allotted or exhibit any goods other than those manufactured or sold in the regular course of business by the exhibitor. Exhibitors are prohibited from engaging in an exhibit activity in any space other than that which has been contracted.
- “Suitcasing.” Please note that while all Event attendees are invited to the exhibition, any attendees who are observed to be soliciting business in the aisles or other public spaces or in another company’s booth will be asked to return their badges and to leave the show floor immediately. Violators will not be allowed to return to the show and no refunds will be made. Additional penalties may apply. Fear Expo asks that both attendees and exhibitors report any violations they may observe to the Show Office.
- “Outboarding.” Outboarding is defined as marketing, sales, and hospitality events conducted by exhibitors and others capitalizing on the presence of buyers and/or sellers attending the original show without previously notifying the original show organizer and finalizing an arrangement that benefits both parties. This practice is considered unethical. It includes practices such as “coat-tailing,” “piggy-backing,” co-location of events, and large-scale hospitality events, particularly during show hours.
- Exhibitor literature and printed materials, including trade publications, may only be distributed from within an exhibitor’s booth space and may not appear in any other public space of the Owensboro Convention Center or that of the contracted Fear Expo hotels. Certain sponsoring opportunities are exempt from this rule.
- Exhibitors are responsible for any damage done by them or their employees.
- No nails, bolts, tacks, or screws shall be driven into the wall, woodwork, or
floor of the Building. No staking is permitted in the parking lots.
- The use of flammable substances as decorative materials is prohibited.
- All decorative fabrics must be flame proofed in accordance with City and Exhibit fire regulations.
- No gasoline, kerosene, acetylene or other flammable or explosive substances are permitted in the building.
- Exhibitors using grease or oil in the preparation of food must utilize cooking hoods to prevent splatter.
- Booth must be set up and complete for inspection and the surrounding aisles clear of exhibitor’s equipment and debris no later than 7:00 a.m. Central Standard Time (15:00) on January 21st, 2022.
- Exhibitor warrants and represents that the Exhibit and all related materials, including but not limited to photographs, written materials, and display models (collectively, the “Exhibit”), does not violate any proprietary or personal rights of others (including, without limitation, any copyrights, patents or privacy rights); that the Exhibit constitutes the Exhibitor’s own original work or property, or that the Exhibitor has permission from the rightful owner to use such work or property. The Exhibitor agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Fear Expo, its officers, directors, members, assignees, and agents, from and against any and all claims, actions, losses, demands, costs, attorneys’ fees and all other expenses relating or incidental to, or arising directly or indirectly from, the inaccuracy or breach of any of the warranties and representations contained in this Section.
Compressed Air available upon request. Please look for info on your vendors signup form. You will need to select a booth space from the exhibitor floor plans to have access to compressed air.
Insurance: At the time of making the final payment for space under this Contract, and before beginning any work or efforts in connection with the Event, every exhibitor shall carry general liability insurance and name “Fear Expo, Owensboro KY Convention Center, its entities, subsidiaries, agents, representatives, officers, staff, volunteers and employees” as additionally insured.
The exhibitor’s policy must include special events, and must be primary as to any other valid and collectible insurance, but only as to the acts of the named insureds. The exact show dates including move-in and move-out must be included on this certificate, as well as policy numbers, effective dates, and limits. All policies shall evidence insurance written by a carrier licensed to do business in the country in which the Event is held.
All exhibitors are required to carry a minimum US $1 million per occurrence and US $10,000 medical expenses, US $1 million personal and advertised injury and US $1 million products and completed operations policy. The coverages and limits set forth are considered minimum requirements and in no way limit the liability of the exhibitor. Notwithstanding the above minimums,
Fear Expo reserves the right to require an insurance policy in excess of the amounts stated. The compulsory insurance fee to be paid with the contract is a supplemental policy Fear Expo is taking out on behalf of the exhibitor. Please Contact Fear Expo with any questions or concerns about policy and limits
Monitored Trailer Parking
Trailer parking for both Buyers and Vendors available upon request.